I am so, so excited about the movie that’s coming out in May. Carrie, Samantha, Charlotte, and Miranda – you ladies have been missed! (By the way, I love the photo below – head-to-toe black is always NYC chic, but don’t they look gorgeous in color?)
It’d be hard to pin down my favorite moments… but I’ll try! And all those hours of watching SATC in my dorm room was not a complete waste of time, as I’ve garnered quite a few nuggets of wisdom from the show.
My favorite moments & lessons:
1. When Carrie realizes that she’s spent $40,000 on shoes but could not secure a loan on her own to buy out her share of the co-op after she breaks up with Aidan.
Personal finance lesson for the gals – don’t be the Old Lady Who Lived in a Shoe! Manolos can’t fund a retirement.
2. When Carrie tells off Big at the top of her stairs right before she leaves for Paris to meet Aleksandr Petrovsky.
Love lesson for the boys – don’t take her for granted and don’t play stupid games! One day a famous Russian artist just might come and sweep her away to Europe.
3. When Charlotte tearily tells Harry that she loves him at the Jewish get-together. She’s okay with not getting married (and for Charlotte – that’s REALLY love when she’s willing to take marriage off the table, even temporarily) as long as they get back together. AndHarry says no. And you see Charlotte’s face fall. And then he gets on one knee…
Love-life-lesson: Trust in God’s plan and have patience. And when it happens, it’ll be amazing no matter what.
4. When Samantha gave up her hair appointment to Miranda and offered to babysit Brady.
Friend lesson: The best present isn’t about money.
5. When Trey shows up at the last minute to Charlotte’s Town & Country photo-shoot.
Money-life lesson: Money can’t buy you love (unless you define love to be really nice Park Avenue classic 6, in which case, money DOES buy you love!).
What were your favorite SATC moments & lessons?
Read Full Post »