C.A.S.H. stands for Clothing, Accessories & Shoes Hiatus – yeah, I only came up with this oh-so-clever acronym a month AFTER I decided to go on the hiatus.
Some things I’ve noticed so far:
1. I still browse online occasionally, but I don’t feel the urge to jump on “deals”. I’ve passed on $30 BR pants because I have enough black pants. It’s not a deal if it’s something I don’t need.
2. I am rediscovering skirts & shirts that I haven’t worn in ages (or have never worn).
3. I am feeling more content with what I have. And, dare I say it, I am feeling that I have ENOUGH clothes, enough shoes, enough handbags to last me a while. Can’t lie – something new would be lovely, but it’s okay.
4. I am slowly (but surely) de-cluttering by donating clothes and not adding to my stash.
5. I have more flexibility in my budget. Thus, I’m much more likely (& have more discretion) to spend on “experiences” – museums, ballets, buying yummy foods at TJ’s (eating? TOTAL experience!). If I want a trip later this year, I’ll have the funds to do so.
*** I really like my acronym. I mean, C.A.S.H. saves me cash. Get it? Get it? Heehee. (I am corny. I am not ashamed).