2009 is here! I spent last New Year’s at home with friends, but this time we thought we should go out and “enjoy our youth.” Most events around the area were charging $50-$200 for entrance, luckily, we found a bar that had minimal cover. So we headed out to town…
Dec 31, 2008:
- 7 PM: Dinner with old friends: $15
- 10 PM: Drink at the bar: $7
- 11:59 PM: Countdown begins!
Jan 1, 2009:
- 12 AM: Happy New Year’s kiss with CB!
- 12:30 AM: French toast at Denny’s: $8
- 1 PM: Brunch for CB & I: $30
Jan 2, 2009:
- 1 AM: Deposit to Roth IRA for 2009: $500 <– new year = new contributions!
New Year’s is all about the big “R” – Resolutions. For 2009, I’ve mapped out some tentative financial/personal goals that I’d like to accomplish.
One goal (or resolution) that I didn’t put down was to “be more engaged”, with life, I suppose. Is that too vague? In 2008, many times I felt as if I was just going through the motions. Not a good feeling. This year, I hope things will be a little different in that regard.
How was your NYE celebration? Did you make New Year’s Resolutions?