Most of my cash savings are in the Freedom Fund (held at one financial institution). I do have an online savings account at another firm that I rarely check. For a while I’ve considered consolidating these two accounts, but decided to let them be.
Because I’m going to make the online savings account my Big Ticket Travel Dreams fund. Some of my big-ticket travel dreams are…
- cruise the fjords in Tierra del Fuego (the southern-most tip of the world in Argentina/Chile)
- luxuriate in the picture-perfect blue-and-white San Torini, Greece
- ride the train to Tibet and butter my toast with yak milk
- pretend I’m Charles Darwin and explore the Galapagos Islands
- snorkel with the fishies in the Great Reef Barrier, and
- shake hands with Mickey Mouse at Disney World
And, I’m sure there are many, many more trips that I want take to before I’m gone.
So, I’m keeping this fund out-of-sight – it’s not a fund for a down payment, or graduate school, or even emergencies (although I imagine in a dire emergency I’d have to dip into it). Rather, it’s my Completely Selfish fund, my Pick Up And Go fund, my You Only Live Once fund.
And… I want to fulfill TWO big ticket travel dream by the time I’m 30. I have less than 7 years left, so I better get on it!
What are your big ticket dreams?