Even though it’s only Monday, I’m already thinking about the weekend…
I usually spend around $30-$35 for a brunch for two a couple Sundays a month. It doesn’t break the bank, but I was wondering if I can’t recreate a brunch at home. I have a tiny little balcony that would fit our small dining room table and two chairs, and I figured that I can try my hand at making brunch and staying in instead of going out.
So, I figured that for a meal of toast, omelet and fruit, here is what I need:
1. Eggs – $3 per dozen
2. Diced roasted chicken breast for omelet – already have it
3. Whole wheat bread for toast ($3 per loaf)
4. Fruit – any kind will do ($5)
5. Mushrooms – omelet ($2 per pack)
6. Butter – already have it… FREE!
7. Scallions – for omelet ($2?)
So here’s the total: around $15. For two. Which is about half to what I usually spend for brunch for two at a restaurant.
I’ll let you know how it goes.